Information For Authors
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Journal of Liberal Arts and Sciences invites high quality research papers, case studies, literature review based papers and book reviews, commentaries, photo articles, photo monographs, opinion piece, visual narratives, vlogs, short blogs and précis writing for Vol. 1, No. 2 which is scheduled to be published by March 2022 and the submission deadline is 21st November 2021. Submissions for publication in the Journal of Liberal Arts and Sciences must comply with the format described in the publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th Edition). The following needs to be assured:
- Manuscript should be original and should be accompanied with an undertaking (attached) that the same has not been published elsewhere, and will not be sent for publication anywhere till it is under review with JLAS.
- Manuscript should include a separate title page with the name of the author(s) and affiliations.
- Author identification notes should be typed only on the title page.
- Email address of the corresponding author may please be provided.
- Each submission should include an abstract of approximately 200 words. Abstracts may include graphics and visuals or flow charts too. It should be typed in 1.5 line spacing, Times New Roman with font size 12.
- The language of the manuscript must be in English and English translations of vernacular work will also be encouraged in the journal.
- The language of the text should be bias free, objective and culturally sensitive.
- The word length of Manuscript should not exceed 5000 words.
- Manuscript to be as a .doc or .docx document and a PDF
- Relevant permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources
- The Manuscript has been checked for plagiarism and a Turnitin / PDS, URKUND report (by M/s Prio Infocenter, Sweden circulated via UGC letter and notification of 2nd August, 2019 regarding Plagarism Detection software) should be attached. Any indication of plagiarism highlighted by our software may result in the revocation of an accept decision
- The Manuscript needs to indicate clearly how the work can, may lead to a tangible policy, decision making change and outcome.
The articles should broadly contain: Title, Abstract, Keywords (maximum of 8 keywords), Introduction, Objectives/ Hypothesis, Method (This should cover techniques, Sample, Tools/ Measures, Procedures, etc.) Results, Discussions, Conclusion and References (in APA format, 7th edition arranged in alphabetical order). Tables and graphs should be on a separate page at the end of the submission having their intended position clearly indicated in the text. All submissions should maintain ethical standards.
All data, views, opinions, and statements expressed in the journal are the views of the authors. Neither the publisher nor the Editors are in anyway responsible for them. The editor reserves the right to edit or modify the articles for which no communication shall be done with the authors.
Articles are assessed by the editorial board on certain key dimensions, such as originality of the work, scientific and critical, practical argument with innovative solutions, style and content of writing, references & citations and suitability of the article for the Journal. In case of review articles, the importance of the subject and the extent of the comprehensiveness of the review are assessed. Based on the recommendations of the editorial board, the articles will be sent back to the authors for revision or the Articles which do not fulfill the above requirements will be rejected. The decisions will be communicated through email only. The review process will take a maximum of three weeks.
Publication Fee: Author(s) will be entitled to one copy of the printed journal with free of charge i.e. one printed copy is provided against one article disregarding the number of the authors. Authors can also get additional copies of the printed journal by paying 500 INR for each additional copy. New authors in the respective fields and domains can apply with a request for consideration of the submission of their content by paying a nominal fee of INR 1000. The journal can be subscribed open access through an online payment of INR 350.
Reference Examples: For referencing, APA, 7th Edition should be followed: the following are some reference examples:
1. Journal Article
- Grady, J. S., Her, M., Moreno, G., Perez, C., & Yelinek, J. (2019). Emotions in storybooks: A comparison of storybooks that represent ethnic and racial groups in the United States. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 8(3), 207–217. https://doi.org/10.1037/ppm0000185
- Jerrentrup, A., Mueller, T., Glowalla, U., Herder, M., Henrichs, N., Neubauer, A., & Schaefer, J. R. (2018). Teaching medicine with the help of “Dr. House”. PLoS ONE, 13(3), Article e0193972. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0193972
Parenthetical citations: (Grady et al., 2019; Jerrentrup et al., 2018)
Narrative citations: Grady et al. (2019) and Jerrentrup et al. (2018)
Note: If the journal article does not have a DOI but does have a URL, include the URL of the article at the end of the reference.
- Magazine Article
- Schaefer, N. K., & Shapiro, B. (2019, September 6). New middle chapter in the story of human evolution. Science, 365(6457), 981–982. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aay3550
- Schulman, M. (2019, September 9). Superfans: A love story. The New Yorker. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/09/16/superfans-a-love-story
3. Newspaper Article
- Carey, B. (2019, March 22). Can we get better at forgetting? The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/22/health/memory-forgetting-psychology.html
4. Whole Book
- Rabinowitz, F. E. (2019). Deepening group psychotherapy with men: Stories and insights for the journey. American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/0000132-000
- Sapolsky, R. M. (2017). Behave: The biology of humans at our best and worst. Penguin Books.
Note: Do not include the publisher location.
5. Edited Book Chapter
5.1 Aron, L., Botella, M., & Lubart, T. (2019). Culinary arts: Talent and their development. In R. F. Subotnik, P. Olszewski-Kubilius, & F. C. Worrell (Eds.), The psychology of high performance: Developing human potential into domain-specific talent (pp. 345–359). American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/0000120-016
Note: Do not include the publisher location.
- Dictionary Entry
- Merriam-Webster. (n.d.). Culture. In Merriam-Webster.com dictionary. Retrieved September 9, 2019, from https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/culture
Note: Merriam-Webster is both the author and the publisher, so the name appears in the author element only to avoid repetition.
7. Government Report
- National Cancer Institute. (2019). Taking time: Support for people with cancer(NIH Publication No. 18-2059). U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health. https://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/takingtime.pd
- YouTube Video
8.1 Harvard University. (2019, August 28). Soft robotic gripper for jellyfish [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guRoWTYfxMs
9.1 APA Databases [@APA_Databases]. (2019, September 5). Help students avoid plagiarism and researchers navigate the publication process. More details available in the 7th edition @ APA_Style table [Tweet]. Twitter. https://twitter.com/APA_Databases/status/1169644365452578823
Note: The same format used for Twitter is also used for Instagram.
10. Facebook Post
10.1 News From Science. (2019, June 21). Are you a fan of astronomy? Enjoy reading about what scientists have discovered in our solar system—and beyond? This [Image attached] [Status update]. Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/ScienceNOW/photos/a.117532185107/10156268057260108/?type=3&theater
11. Webpage on a Website
11.1 Fagan, J. (2019, March 25). Nursing clinical brain. OER Commons. Retrieved September 17, 2019, from https://www.oercommons.org/authoring/53029-nursing-clinical-brain/view
11.2 World Health Organization. (2018, May 24). The top 10 causes of death. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death
Note: Provide as specific a date as is available on the webpage. This might be a year only; a year and month; or a year, month, and day.
12.1 Freakonomics. (2010, October 29). E-ZPass is a life-saver (literally) [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/29/e-zpass-is-a-life-saver-literally/
Note: The name of the blog itself is not part of the reference, although it's often evident from the URL.
For more details you may refer to https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/references/examples#supplemental
All submissions need to be e-mailed to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted online at http://publications.mriirs.edu.in/index.php/jlas
Submission Deadline: 21st November, 2021
Address for Correspondence
Dr. Anandajit Goswami
HOD, Department of Social and Political Studies
Faculty of Behavioral and Social Sciences (FBSS)
Q Bock, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies
Emailemail@example.com, Te: 0129- 4268891